The Hayworth Cancer Center offers advanced technologies for treating cancer, many of which are minimally invasive and reduce treatment time or life disruption. We utilize the latest technologies and resources available in order to provide you or your loved one with the best individual treatment.
- Da Vinci robotic surgery is used for urologic and gynecologic cancers and offers minimally invasive surgery, precise surgical capabilities and unprecedented accuracy
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy for breast, gynecologic and prostate cancers minimizes exposure to healthy tissue while maximizing radiation doses to cancerous tissues
- Low Dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy delivers low doses of radiation concentrated to certain areas of the body
- Radiofrequency Ablation can destroy tumors when surgery is not an option
- IMRT and IGRT radiation therapy utilizes multiple imaging and motion management techniques for highly accurate tumor targeting
- A robust clinical trials program offers access to treatment studies sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, the pharmaceutical industry and other major academic oncology centers
- Genetic testing and counseling to diagnose patients early and help with treatment
- Molecular testing of tissue to fingerprint your cancer in order to design a treatment plan specific to your unique cancer type
- All radiologic scans are read and reviewed by sub-specialty radiologists
One of the Hayworth Cancer Center's major components is the Lillian J. Phillips Cancer Pavilion, which houses the Radiation Oncology department. Since its inception in 1987, the department has seen more than thousands of patients, all in an effort to fulfill the Pavilion's mission of providing quality, cost-effective, compassionate radiation therapy
services. On the oncology unit, the nationally certified staff of caregivers have years of experience with cancer patients. They use their acquired knowledge to assist in solving the complex problems that cancer patients and their loved ones face.