Caring Beyond Medicine
The Hayworth Cancer Center is designed with patients and their families in mind, ensuring an environment that promotes healing and wellness. We understand that a compassionate care team and nurturing environment can be as important as cutting-edge technologies. The Center’s Fountain of Hope sets the tone for a care setting that focuses on making patients feel comfortable and families welcomed.
- Enjoy time at the meditation labyrinth, healing chemotherapy garden
- Spacious family lounge with full kitchen facilities provide an atmosphere of being at home
- Oversized inpatient rooms allow for overnight accommodations for family members
- Valet Parking Service welcomes our guests as they arrive
- The Cancer Resource Center with WiFi & computer access offers patients and families the latest cancer education resources and personal assistance to help them better understand their treatment and options
- THRIVE boutique features a certified fitter for mastectomy products and image recovery accessories
Hayworth Cancer Center’s Caring Beyond Medicine philosophy means that we partner with you to be your best self during treatment, recovery, and survival. Activities such as painting and knitting classes, appearance workshops and yoga classes are offered at no charge and empower patients with new resources for self-expression.
These services include:
- Gentle Yoga classes
- Oncology skin therapies with a licensed esthetician
- CancerFitt monitored exercise program in our medically-certified Fitness Center
- Wellness for Women nutrition and fitness program
- Guideposts of Strength (GPS) patient mentors
- Artistic Expression classes and groups
- Support Groups for patients and co-survivors
- Cancer Survivorship educational programs
- Image consultations
Patients who choose the Hayworth Cancer Center as their cancer care provider can rest assured that they will receive the most comprehensive, individualized care available anywhere. Through a unique partnership between physician practices and High Point Regional Health, a specialized Oncology Care Team assesses each patient’s unique needs and provides needed resources, education and guidance. The Care Team is available to the patient and their family in all treatment settings, whether inpatient, outpatient or physicians’ office. It includes:
- An Oncology Social Worker, for help arranging in-home care, financial assistance, transportation, Medicare or disability applications, medical supplies, in-home equipment or long-term care placement.
- A Registered Dietitian with specialized training in nutritional support for cancer patients who offers nutritional counseling, assistance in menu planning, and support in coping with dietary challenges that come with cancer treatment.
- A Clinical Psychologist who is a specialist in empowering oncology patients and their caregivers to cope with the stresses associated with cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- A Clinical Chaplain experienced in helping cancer patients access their spiritual resources, explore their concerns, cope with loss and change and make difficult decisions.
- A Clinical Pharmacist with expertise in chemotherapy and oncology related medications to fully explain the purpose, side-effects and potential interaction issues of the many medications that the oncology patient is prescribed.
- Oncology-Certified Nurse Patient Navigators who serve as the individual patient’s point person to walk with him/her from cancer discovery through treatment to recovery.
Hayworth Cancer Center is proud to be a key service line of High Point Regional Health.