Heart Strides Cardiac Rehabilitation
Heart disease affects more than 17 million people and is still one of the top killers in the United States. Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised wellness program, which improves the survival in some patients afflicted with heart disease by more than 50 percent, according to a recent Mayo Clinic study.
If you’ve recently had a heart attack, heart related surgery or been diagnosed with stable angina, or heart disease, there is a group program designed to restore your physical strength and endurance, and improve your overall health. Heart Strides, High Point Regional’s cardiac rehabilitation program, is the one choice you need to make.
Situated within the hospital’s Fitness Center, and supervised by a professional staff of Cardiologists, Nurses, Exercise Physiologists, Dieticians and Mental Health Counselors, Heart Strides offers the heart patient a pathway to a better quality of life. Utilizing structured exercise progressions, an informative education component and lifestyle awareness tools, the Heart Strides program establishes a good foundation for participants to make healthier lifestyle choices, leading to a more productive future. The exercise is done in a supervised group setting with each participant having a personalized exercise prescription based on their health concerns and fitness level. Cardiac rehab is an essential factor for improved survival.
Benefits Of Attending Heart Strides
- A personalized exercise plan designed to improve the level of fitness, reduce the risks associated with heart disease and improve the quality of life.
- A weekly educational component covering topics such as:
- How the heart works
- Cardiac medications
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- Awareness of risks and ways to improve cardiac health
- Benefits of exercise
- Diet and its impact on cardiac health
- Stress management
- Assessment of dietary habits and quality of life perceptions related to heart disease.
- Monitoring of heart rate, blood pressure and heart rhythm
- Group support and motivation
Heart Strides is noted for its compassionate and caring team approach to meet the individual needs and goals of each participant. To enter Heart Strides you must have a physician’s order.
Cardiac rehabilitation is covered by most insurance companies including Medicare. Limited scholarships are also available based on financial need. To find out more, click here
Contact Heart Strides at (336) 878-6914.