The Hayworth Cancer Center provides patients and their families the best possible care during what may be anyone’s most difficult health challenge.We provide comprehensive cancer care under one roof, including radiation therapy, outpatient chemotherapy, inpatient hospitalization, a full menu of diagnostic and laboratory services, physician offices and an outstanding
array of support personnel and programs.
The Hayworth Cancer Center is designed with patients and their families in mind not only providing the latest in technologies, but also ensuring an environment that promotes healing and wellness. The center's 18 inpatient beds are in oversized rooms that include kitchens and overnight accommodations for patients' families. Patients receiving treatment can move about the facility and visit the garden, labyrinth or their balcony. In addition, to aid with information gathering, a library is available to assist visitors with Internet access and other resources to research any disease.
Patients who choose the Hayworth Cancer Center as their cancer care provider can rest assured that they will receive the most comprehensive, individualized care available anywhere. Through a unique partnership between physician practices and High Point Regional Health System, a specialized Oncology Care Team assesses each patient’s unique needs and provides needed resources, education and guidance. The Care Team is available to the patient and their family in all treatment settings, whether inpatient, outpatient or physicians’ office. It includes:
- An Oncology Social Worker, for help arranging in-home care, financial assistance, transportation, Medicare or disability applications, medical supplies, in-home equipment or long-term care placement.
- A Registered Dietitian with specialized training in nutritional support for cancer patients who offers nutritional counseling, assistance in menu planning, and support in coping with dietary challenges that come with cancer treatment.
- A Clinical Psychologist who is a specialist in empowering oncology patients and their caregivers to cope with the stresses associated with cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- A Clinical Chaplain experienced in helping cancer patients access their spiritual resources, explore their concerns, cope with loss and change and make difficult decisions.
- A Clinical Pharmacist with expertise in chemotherapy and oncology related medications to fully explain the purpose, side-effects and potential interaction issues of the many medications that the oncology patient is prescribed.
- Oncology-Certified Nurse Patient Navigators who serve as the individual patient’s point person to walk with him/her from cancer discovery through treatment to recovery.
Hayworth Cancer Center is proud to be a key service line of High Point Regional Health System. Through a clinical affiliation with Duke Medicine, Hayworth Cancer Center enjoys access to the clinical, operational and research expertise of Duke Medicine, whose programs are considered among the best in the nation.