Need Health Insurance? Get Covered!
At High Point Regional and UNC Health Care, we care about your health. The Health Insurance Marketplace is open for enrollment until March 31. Go to healthcare.gov for information on the basics of health insurance and how the new law may affect you. You can also talk with someone by calling 1-800-318-2596.
When you use the Health Insurance Marketplace, you will fill out an application and see health plans available in our area. You will find out if you can get lower costs on your monthly premiums for private insurance plans and if you quality for lower out-of-pocket costs. The Marketplace will also tell you if you are eligible for free or low-cost coverage available through Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program.
In the coming weeks, High Point Regional will be hosting community forums and assisting citizens with the Health Insurance Marketplace. Please call (336) 878-6697 to make an appointment for assistance with your application or for more information.
For more information please visit. http://getcoveredunchealth.org/.
Fast Facts About the New Health Insurance Marketplace
Affordable health insurance provides the security you need.
The new health insurance plans will meet your needs.
- You cannot be denied for preexisting conditions.
- If you lose your job, you no longer have to worry if you get sick or injured.
- If you already have Medicare, you don't need to apply.
- You must get coverage in 2014 or pay a fee (certain exemptions are available).
- Your options depend on your household income.
- If you’re eligible for insurance on your job, you can switch if your employer’s plan is unaffordable or doesn’t meet certain requirements.
Experts are available to help you online, by telephone or in person.
- All policies must cover doctor and hospital visits, prescription drugs, emergency care, maternity care, mental health screening and treatment, and more.
- Pre-existing conditions or being sick won’t prevent you from getting coverage.
- You will have a choice of plans. Plans will be displayed side-by-side so you can easily compare them in simple language. You can choose what is best for your family.
Financial Help is available.
- You can call 1-800-318-2596.
- You can get free expert advice in person at High Point Regional. Please call (336) 878-6697 to make an appointment for assistance with your application or for more information.
- Many people will qualify for financial help to pay for their premiums. You apply for financial help on the Health Insurance Marketplace at the same time you are looking at which policies are available to you.