Welcome Employees

A password is required to submit a request for an internal transfer. In order to obtain the password you can check any of the following resources: Login to the employee portal, check the current issue of "Regional High Points" newsletter, contact HR, or read this week's "Daily Announcements".

 

Close

High Point Regional Hosts Bone Marrow Drive

2/10/2009

WHAT:

Every day thousands of patients who need a life-saving bone marrow transplant search for a donor. But only 30 percent will find a suitable donor within their family. The remaining 70 percent must find an unrelated donor whose tissue type matches theirs.

The event is co-sponsored by High Point Radiological Services, which will cover the cost of tissue typing for the first 100 participants. If not among the first 100 participants, the cost for tissue typing is $25. Due to the great need for diversity within the registry, any minorities’ tissue typing fee is covered by a grant from the US Navy.

This event is a donor drive and not a bone marrow donation.

Participants will simply give a swab of cheek cells so your tissue type can be tested. The entire process lasts approximately 20 minutes, including necessary paperwork. Registration forms are available in advance.

WHEN:

Friday, February 20, from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.

WHERE:

High Point Regional Health System
Cancer Center Resource Room
600 North Elm St.
High Point, N.C. 27262

WHO:

Marsha Nifong, (336) 878-6393 or
Patricia Weekly, (336) 878-6036

Back to News Listing